As Spring comes to an end, it’s time to start getting ready for summer. Your house and home comfort systems have worked their hardest during the winter, and they are about to get another workout once summer arrives. That’s why it’s important to perform seasonal maintenance and repairs around your home to make sure that it is ready to keep you safe and comfortable as the seasons change.
The best way to avoid damage to your home and keep everything running smoothly and efficiently is by preparing for the seasons ahead.In this post, we will cover some of the important spring maintenance tasks that homeowners should complete before summer arrives.
Spring Home Improvement Checklist
It’s time to get your home ready for the summer. Here is a simple checklist of things that you need to take care of this spring before the season starts to change:
- Check your roof shingles. Your roof can take a beating during the winter. Before the summer weather arrives, you’ll want to check for any loose, damaged, or missing roof shingles. Replace any shingles that are cracked or loose in spring to avoid more serious damage in the coming months.
- Examine your gutters. Check your gutters in spring to make sure that they are not damaged or loose. It’s vital that your gutters drain properly to avoid water buildup in your basement. While examining your gutters, make sure that downspouts are free of debris and draining away from your home’s foundation.
- Inspect your concrete. Homeowners also need to check their concrete slabs for cracks or signs of movement. Damage to your concrete can present safety issues for you and your family. If you find cracks, be sure to fill them with caulk or concrete filler. You should also power-wash and seal the concrete to protect it long-term.
- Get an HVAC tune-up. Your HVAC system works hard to keep you warm in winter and cool in the summer. That makes spring the perfect time to get a seasonal HVAC tune-up. Schedule a service visit with a qualified HVAC technician who will clean and lubricate your system while also checking for any repair needs.
- Look for leaks around windows and doors. Insulation is important to keeping your home comfortable no matter what the temperature is outside. One way to improve your insulation is by checking for and repairing any cracks or leaks around your doors and windows.
- Prepare your outdoor area. Don’t forget to prepare your lawn and other outdoor areas for summer. Get rid of any weeds, trim your plants and bushes, and make sure all debris is removed from your outdoor HVAC system. Clean off your patio furniture and make sure that you store any grills, lawnmowers, or other equipment in a shed or other location to protect it from the summer sun.
If a pre-summer HVAC tune-up is on your list of spring to-do’s, All Weather Heating, Air, & Solar is here to help. Our team of experienced HVAC technicians provides preventative maintenance and seasonal tune-ups to homeowners in Vacaville, Fairfield, and the surrounding Solano county and Napa County areas. Call us today to schedule a service visit: (707) 400-6875. And remember to “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.